Senior Bridge Designer
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig (FHU) is seeking a senior level engineering technician, focused on structural detailing, geometric layout and structure design. A designer with roadway bridge and culvert design experience is desired and will fit the immediate needs of this growing structures design practice. Railroad structures design experience is a plus.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develops drawings for bridges, retaining walls, box culverts, drainage structures and other transportation related structures under the direction of senior designers and project engineers.
- Regularly uses MicroStation, AutoCAD and other applicable software common to the field of structural and civil engineering.
- Prepares geometry, design and quantity computations.
- Accompanies engineers in field to collect data required for design and preparation of engineering drawings.
- Understands the terminology, technology, and other concepts related to structural engineering and construction practices. Applies this understanding to the process of structure layout, concrete reinforcing and structural steel detailing.
Education and/or experience:
- 5-10 years related experience
- Minimum high school/GED diploma and an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- Proficiency in MicroStation (preferred) or AutoCAD is required
- InRoads and/or Civil3d design software experience and use of Microsoft Excel is very helpful