Traffic Engineer I
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig is seeking a self-starting traffic engineer with 0-3 years’ experience to join our team. This entry-level civil engineer works on transportation operations and safety projects including traffic impact studies, corridor studies, traffic design, traffic data analytics, safety studies, feasibility studies and alternatives assessments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works on various sized traffic engineering projects under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Assists in data collection, technical analyses, and written documentation with supervision as needed.
- Prepares small letter proposals and participates in preparation of larger project proposals.
- Participates in project coordination and presentations in support of a Project manager.
- Uses engineering design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in civil/transportation engineering or transportation planning from an accredited four-year college or university. Master’s Degree with a concentration in Transportation Engineering preferred, and relevant experience is a plus. Familiarity with traffic engineering methodologies, reference material, and software tools such as the Highway Capacity Manual and Software, Synchro, VISUM/VISSIM and MUTCD is a plus. Knowledge of programming languages, AutoCad and/or Microstation a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Engineering Intern Certificate