Water Resources Engineer - Mid-Level
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig (FHU), is seeking entrepreneurial, self-starting, and energetic water resources engineers to join our team. This mid-level civil engineer will have 6-10 years of relevant experience. We’re a mid-size firm with offices in Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa. We have a position open in our Colorado Springs Office. In this job, the Engineer will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting water resources projects ranging from hydrology and hydraulics support for transportation projects to stand alone projects, such as stream restoration, pond design, and stormsewer systems.
Our Water Resources Group is rapidly expanding and has the opportunity to support and spearhead a wide variety of water resources projects. At FHU our focus is on our culture, our integrity, our relationships with co-workers and clients alike and each employee’s opportunity for career growth. Now is your chance to join our team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design for various sized roadway projects including modeling of floodplain hydraulics.
- Work on stormwater quality projects, including the design of best management practices for stormwater control and treatment, erosion and sediment control design, design of green infrastructure, and compliance and permitting documentation.
- Assist with design of various channel improvements from bank stabilization for erosion protection to full stream analysis and restoration.
- Use computer assisted engineering design software to prepare engineering and design documents as needed. This includes the preparation of plans, profiles, details, quantity tabulations, construction costs, reports, and specifications.
- Support construction projects by reviewing submittals, answering RFI’s, and conducting field visits to ensure compliance with the contract drawings and specifications.
- Assist in business development and preparing schedule, scope, and fee for proposals.
- Take ownership and responsibility for projects. This role can vary from water resources Task Lead to Project Manager depending on the size of the project.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university with emphasis in water resources required.
- 6-10 years of well-rounded water resources experience.
- Project Management, marketing, and business development experience required.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D or MicroStation required.
- Experience with H&H modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, CulvertMaster, HY8, FlowMaster, StormCAD/SewerGEMS, etc.
- Local experience with DOTs, Counties, and Cities is a plus.
- Stream restoration, pond, and watershed planning knowledge and experience is desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PE License is required