Bridge/Structures Engineer - Mid to Sr Level
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig is seeking a self-starting mid-level bridge engineer with 5-10 years experience to join our Structures Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analysis and design of various transportation structures including bridges, retaining walls and box culverts.
- Leading the preparation of plans, reports and specifications for projects. NDOT format preferred.
- Taking ownership for projects and performing field observation work when necessary, under minimal supervision.
- Managing structural projects with client contact, fee estimates, invoicing and other typical management duties.
- Providing support as the structural lead to FHU Project Manager on larger interdisciplinary projects.
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural emphasis from an accredited school is preferred.
- Working knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, NDOT Bridge Design Policies and Procedures, and proficient in applicable bridge design software and structural analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with AREMA design recommendations and railroad structures design and construction.
- 5-10 years of previous Bridge & Structures Engineering experience.
- Familiarity with MicroStation, AutoCAD and other applicable software common to the field of structural and civil engineering.
- Project Management experience a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- PE is required. Nebraska PE a plus.