Bridge / Structures Engineer - Mid-Level
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig is seeking a highly motivated Bridge Engineer, with 8-12 years experience, to start a structures group in our Colorado Springs office, and integrate into the company’s current structural services and markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analysis and design of various transportation structures including bridges, retaining walls and box culverts.
- Lead the preparation of plans, reports and specifications for projects. CDOT format preferred.
- Take ownership for projects, and performing field observation work when necessary, under minimal supervision.
- Manage small structural projects to include client contact, fee estimates, invoicing and other typical project management duties.
- Provide support, as the structural lead, to Felsburg Holt & Ullevig Project Manager on larger interdisciplinary projects.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Civil Engineering, with a Structural emphasis from an accredited school, is required.
- 8-12 years of previous Bridge & Structures Engineering experience.
- Must have working knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, & CDOT Bridge Design Policies and Procedures.
- Proficiency in applicable bridge design software and structural analysis techniques is required.
- Must have familiarity with MicroStation, AutoCAD and other applicable software common to the field of structural and civil engineering.
- Project Management experience a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- PE is required. Colorado PE a plus.