Senior Bridge Designer
This is a senior level engineering technician position, focusing on structural detailing, geometric layout and structure design.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develops drawings for bridges, retaining walls, box culverts, drainage structures and other transportation related structures under the direction of senior designers and project engineers.
- Regularly uses MicroStation, AutoCAD and other applicable software common to the field of structural and civil engineering.
- Prepares geometry, design and quantity computations.
- Accompanies engineers in field to collect data required for design and preparation of engineering drawings.
- Understands the terminology, technology, and other concepts related to structural engineering and construction practices. Applies this understanding to the process of structure layout, concrete reinforcing and structural steel detailing.
- Provides support to roadway, hydraulics and environmental disciplines as required.
Education and/or experience:
Minimum high school/GED diploma and an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and 5-10 years related experience.
Proficiency in MicroStation (preferred) or AutoCAD is required. InRoads and/or Civil3d design software experience and use of Microsoft Excel is very helpful.