Felsburg Holt & Ullevig is seeking a self-starting and enthusiastic planner with demonstrated success in multimodal transportation in both major urban and small-town/rural settings to join our current team of ten transportation planners. We are seeking a technically oriented planner with skills in travel demand forecasting and data analytics, with an interest in emerging transportation technologies. The planner will work on statewide, regional, city, corridor, and sub-area transportation plans; environmental assessments; feasibility studies; and research projects. Projects may include multimodal plans and plans focusing on public transit, roadway, bicycle or pedestrian modes. The planner will have the opportunity to work on some of FHU’s ongoing and upcoming significant projects include the Statewide Transportation Plan, RTD’s Transportation Transformation, and Denver’s Smart Cities on-call.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes demographic and travel demand data, develops project goals and objectives, assesses transportation improvement needs, and evaluates improvement alternatives.
- Conducts travel demand forecasting using regional travel demand models and localized subarea models.
- Uses big data and data analytics to support transportation planning decisions.
- Analyzes bicycle, pedestrian, transit and street networks using GIS and other data/ analysis tools and engages with stakeholders and community members to identify mobility and safety enhancements.
- Participates in client, technical group and public meeting discussions and presentations.
- Prepares a variety of planning documents including plan reports, technical memoranda, correspondence, and web content.
- Works with other planners, engineers, landscape architects, and environmental scientists on multidisciplinary transportation projects.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5 to 15 years of experience in multimodal transportation planning
- Bachelors Degree in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or other related field.
- Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or a related field, with a concentration in Transportation is preferred.
- Strong writing skills; experience independently managing tasks or projects.
- Experience with travel demand forecasting models is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS preferred.