CAD Support Specialist
CAD systems play a major role in how products are designed within our firm. How well we manage and implement our CAD system has a large impact on our firm's productivity and success. A key to this success is how well this technology is supported and improved. To that end, we are looking for an experienced CAD Support Specialist to join our firm. The CAD Support Specialist will be an important member of the company’s Technology Group by performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with developing and implementing Company CAD standards
- Understand and integrate varying client requirements, across multiple states, into CAD standards and company wide workflow
- Monitor CAD user efficiencies; Proposes and implements new tools/processes (including CAD automation) to increase efficiency
- Offer CAD training to Staff and update existing training modules as needed
- Coordinate and/or Troubleshoot CAD issues between Company offices
- Assist IT Systems Administrator with hardware and network support related to CAD requirements, including company wide software update strategies
- Assist with budgets for all CAD technology items
- Provide technical support to CAD users
- Be proficient in the terminology, technology, and other concepts related to civil engineering and construction practices
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Autodesk and Bentley products such as Civil 3D, Infraworks, InRoads, Geopak, Open Roads Designer, Concept Station and other CAD software, as appropriate.
- Attend conferences and tradeshows applicable to maintaining knowledge of CAD software industry trends
Education & Required Skill
- Minimum high school/GED diploma and 10 years CAD experience or an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and 7 years CAD experience.
- 5 plus years previous work experience as a specialist in CAD technology
- Proficiency in Bentley and Autodesk products (expert in at least one product line)
- ProjectWise or document management software experience a plus
- Experience working on transportation-related projects is helpful
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other Engineering and IT personnel users
- Occasional nights, weekend work will be required
- Occasional travel is required to various company office locations