Bridge / Structures Engineer - Entry Level
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig is seeking a self-starting Junior level Bridge Engineer, with 2-5 years experience, to join our Structures group, at our Corporate office in Centennial, CO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analysis and design of various transportation structures including bridges, retaining walls and box culverts under the direction of the structural lead.
- Assists in preparation of plans, reports and specifications for projects.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for assigned projects.
- Performs field observation work when necessary.
- Assists in client contact and participation in presentations, in a supporting role.
- Regularly uses MicroStation, AutoCAD and other applicable software common to the field of structural and civil engineering.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, with a Structural emphasis, from an accredited school, is required.
- 2 - 5 Years prior experience as a Bridge & Structures Engineer.
- Must have working knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications.
- Familiarity with CDOT Bridge Design Policies and Procedures is a plus.
- Proficient in applicable bridge design software and structural analysis techniques.
- Previous experience with AutoCAD and MicroStation software is desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
EI with the desire to obtain a PE is required.
Current PE is a plus.