Senior Transportation Engineer
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig, a regional engineering and environmental firm is looking for a dynamic, self-starter to establish and grow our Central Iowa office. This senior level position must have a minimum of 10-years of experience in transportation engineering. Responsibilities include leading the marketing and strategic planning efforts in Iowa.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for marketing and business development activities throughout the State of Iowa and will coordinate closely with other market sector leaders in the Great Plains Region.
- Establishes budgets, estimating, scoping, and marketing strategies for client projects. Prepares forecast of anticipated workload for internal staff. Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on assigned projects.
- Develops and maintain programs to ensure staff is up-to-date with discipline knowledge and best practices
- Prepares or directs preparation for transportation, planning or environmental projects including proposals, reports, specifications, plans and designs. Responsible for data collection, technical analyses, and written supporting documentation.
- Serves as senior project engineer as designated client contact. Participates in project interviews. Attends client meetings – day or evenings. Conducts and makes public presentations.
- Responsible for project team quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
- Hire, develop and train staff and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Maintains competency in and serves as firm resource in field of expertise.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/transportation engineering, or equivalent degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Ten to fifteen years experience working in the transportation industry. Private consulting experience preferred.
- Previous experience building and managing strong, cohesive teams.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Professional Engineer Certificate – Iowa (if applicable)